|This page was based on a page from the VS Battles Wiki or they made the original page. All credit goes to them.|
Short for Battle Field Removal, it refers to the act of one character forcing their opponent out of the established fighting area, resulting in a default win.
BFR is the tactic of defeating an opponent by expelling them from the battle area, so that they cannot return under their own power within a reasonable amount of time. If the battle arena has established physical boundaries that the fighters aren't allowed to cross, then a BFR can be achieved by forcing the other person to cross those boundaries. Like Speedblitzing, BFR is often not used by characters who are capable of doing so in actual storylines, often due to PIS. However, it is considered a legitimate tactic.
Types of BFR:
- Trapping someone in another dimension
- Burying someone underground (if they can't break out)
- Throwing someone into space (if they are stronger and the enemy have no way to return by themselves)
- Sending someone to a different point in time
Characters with BFR abilities:
- Don Fua from Battle Angel Alita
- Kuma from One Piece
- Sieg Hart from RAVE
- Kaguya, Kakashi, and Obito from Naruto
- The Doctor from Doctor Who
A specialized case of BFR occurs, for example, in the Dragon Ball Budokai (tournaments), where a fighter is disqualified if they touch anything outside of the ring.