|“||I am the one who slays and captures gods. I am the one who knows the end and the founder of genesis. Return thyself to the cycle of providence, the five elements to elements, and server the links woven between images and truths. Now all of creation shall perish here, at the distant ends of the void. Black magic modified: Extinction Ray||„|
|“||I wanted to be a mage of jusice.||„|
Glenn Radars (グレン＝レーダス, Guren Rēdasu) is the protagonist of the Akashic Records of Bastard Magic Instructor series. He becomes the substitute teacher at the age of 19 in Sistine Fibel's class, after the disappearance of her previous teacher, Huey. He has a past in the imperial military that not many people, where he served the queen and was known as an assassin. While spending 4 years of his life as an assassin, he grew a destain for Magic, believing it only brought death and destruction. After being forced to become a teacher by his sensei, Celica, Glenn realized Magic isn't all bad and can be used for good.
Powers and Stats
Tier: Unknown. At least Low 5-B to 5-B, likely far higher
Name: Glenn Radars, Imperial Court Mage Number #0: "The Fool"
Origin: Akashic Records of Bastard Magic Instructor
Classification: Professor of magic, Formerly an assassin, Formerly an imperial mage, "The Fool"
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Martial Arts Mastery, Enhanced Senses (Has farsight magic. It is said there are infinite ways for magicians to gather information), Hand-to-hand combatant (Trained in hand to hand combat, in the military style. Is Visually shown in the anime), Extreme pain Tolerance (Even while suffering from mana deficincy, Glenn could power through being impaled by multiple high level magical swords), Aquatic Respiration (Via Underwater Breathing spell), Power Mimicry (Can copy other magic based abilities as long as they aren't original spells), Magic Detection, Magic, Gravity Manipulation (Can fly by manipulating gravity but can also use this for offensive purposes ), Soul Manipulation (Knows Soul sacrifice, which sacrifices the soul in exchange for mana. His Revolver has bullets that obliterates souls), Flight (Can fly by manipulating gravity), Statistics Manipulation (Taught his students and knows whose the best at speed dechipering, which focuses on manipulating the speed at which a spell is cast), Electricity Manipulation/Paralysis (Can use the basic shocking bolt, which stuns the enemy with lightning. Can strike with natural lightning as well. Shown here), Status Effect Inducement, Homing Attacks (Can manipulate his and his opponents spells do less damage, have shorter range, bend, change direction and lock onto the opponent to follow them until they hit and considered this a basic of magic use), Fire Manipulation (Anyone can use fire manipulation), Ice Manipulation (Learned everything Celica who can freeze. This is also a basic ability. Stated in the light novel here), Air Manipulation/Weather Manipulation (Taught Sistine how to make a storm and create countless blades of air that impales the enemy), Law Manipulation, Text Manipulation, Physics Manipulation and Conceptual Manipulation (Magic is the pursuit of the reality of the world. Magic rules and governs the structure of the world. It allows humanity to find their way into a higher plane of existence, and allows them to intervene upon the very principles of the world. Is teaching students how to manipulate the texts within magic spells, and change its form to make said spell do something different. Demons are conceptual beings that cannot be harmed by physical and magical attacks. Imperial mages can make conceptual weapons that embody higher conceptual demons to fight against a lower conceptual demon, as they are stronger conceptual existences. Celica taught Glenn's students conceptual destruction, believing it was something simple that he would be teaching them, but it was far beyond the students comprehension while being as simple as 1+1 for her and Glenn. Was taught how to control the concept of destruction which is carried by time itself), Acausality (Type 1 and 4; Glenn can exist in different flows of time and was largely unaffected by time loops, being able to remember everything that happened in each new loop. Can exist in a place with no time) Non-Physical Interaction (Magic can harm spirits), Purification (Shown here), Forcefield Creation (Anyone in the military or mage class can create forcefields), Psychometry (Knows of the magic spell known as Load Experience, which allows the user to tap into the memories of an object and grant whoever weilds it the powers of whoever previously weilded said weapon), Power Nullification (Dispel force can nullify abilities, spells and magic and removes power from the target), Transmutation (Shown here), Sleep Manipulation (Put someone to sleep here), Memory Manipulation (Shown here), Mind Manipulation (Mind Manipulation and mind based abilities is considered a basic ability for him), Madness Manipulation (Type 2; Can break minds through mind manipulation), Empathic Manipulation (Mind based abilities can make people perverted and do inappropiate stuff), Illusion Creation (Taught his students to cast self illusions), Time Manipulation, Perception Manipulation (Glenn can slow down the flow of time. He can also manipulate ones perception so that they view him much faster than he actually is), Shapeshifting (Taught his student how to shapeshift/Polymorph), Limited Clairvoyance (A military tier spell which allows he user to see everything going on in places far, far away, although he stated there is a greater form of this that he cannot do), Light Manipulation (Can create a giant flash of light to blind his opponents), Healing (Considered a limited and basic ability), Elemental Manipulation/Summoning (Taught his students to summon elementals), Invisibility (Taught students to use invisible hands ), Sealing (Glenn's signature go to move, "The fool" Arcana, allows Glenn to seal any and all magical abilities from being activated in which ever space he is occupying), Spatial Manipulation (Glenn's hand-to-hand battle against a Demon produced so much power that they were cracking space), Durability Negation, Matter Manipulation (Sub-Atomic; A weaker version of Extinction can destroy someone at a sub-atomic level), Destruction (Extinction Ray is stated to be beyond physical destruction, erasing the target from existence, at a level of absolute annihiliation. Can use B rank military spells, which are stated to be absolute annihiliation as well), Void Manipulation/Soul Manipulation (The Gehenna Gate spell casts the soul of the undead into an abyss, and a forbidden magic casts one into a state of nothingness), Resistance to Magic (The stronger a character is the more they are able to resist magical abilities. Techncially, he should be resistant to all offensive magicial abilities previously listed, as it is shown in the verse that characters can amplify their resistance to magical abilities), Electricity Manipulation, Fire Manipulation, Ice Manipulation (Via Tri Resist), Conceptual Manipulation, Law Manipulation, Text Manipulation, Physics Manipulation (All magicians naturally have resistance to magic itself), Power Nullification (It is stated that B rank military spells cannot be nullified even with nullification magic/powers), Mind Manipulation, Sleep Manipulation, Paralysis, Soul Manipulation, Madness Manipulation and Empathic Manipulation (Even his students could resist mind manipulation and other mind based abilities. Magicians have natural resistance to magic. The spell mind up increases ones mental resistance. Resisted an ability that directly hits the soul, caused many others to collapse, become paralyized and lose all sensory functions with his willpower alone, while others such as Sistine had to use spells to amplify mental resistances)
Attack Potency: Unknown. At least Small Planet level (Even a basic lightning strike can split the earth in half. Glenn is one of the most powerful characters in the show so he is far above this. In a post credit scene, his teacher split the earth in half casually) to Planet level (Lightning strikes are basic magic spells any average magician can do. Considering the massive scaling chain, and how the original feat can be done causally, Glenn's power vastly being into the scaling chain should place him somewhere into the solid planetary ranges. B ranked military spells can easily destroy the earth), likely far higher (Glenn and his team could somewhat hold off Al Khan, a minion of the demon lord who also battled against The Sorcerer of Justice, although was heavily outmatched and Glenn stated they have no technical change against Al Khan. Extinction Ray is implied powerful enough to destroy all creation. Creation is composed of the living universe, the Spirit world which is endless, the dimension of evil gods, a university that is an infinite space, and the 'corridor of stars', an infinite space with endless stars. While inferior to, he can fight alongside and tank attacks from Celica, who has time magic, with those who control time being stated powerful enough to destroy the entire world). His stronger abilities such as Extinction Ray ignore durability
Speed: At least Inacessible (Celica was constantly moving forward/going straight in the corridor of stars, which is repeatadly stated to be an infinite space, and eventually reached crossed it. Glenn also crossed the corridor. Superior to Rumia who can exist in a place with no time, and no concept of up, down, left and right)
Lifting Strength: Unknown
Striking Strength: Unknown (Glenn's strike usually take place after he nullifies the usage of magic and thus mana in general. However in this state his strikes can bloody up grown men. His strikes could be equal to his magic, as he can harm those who can tank his magical attacks with his punches. Physically stronger than Celica)
Durability: Unknown. At least Small Planet level to Planet level, likely far higher (Can survive magical attacks from Celica, whose magic is stronger than his)
Stamina: Average; Stamina tends to depend on how much mana a character has, and males have comparatively less mana then females do. However as an imperial mages, Glenn should have at least an average mana pool
Range: Standard melee range. At least Small Planet level to Planet level, likely far higher with Magic. High Universal with Extinction Ray
Standard Equipment: "The Fool" Tarot card, His revolver and modified bullets
Intelligence: Extraordinary Genius; Despite being extremely lazy, Glenn is one of the greatest magical users in the world. Being trained in the imperial military which only a select few are accepted into. Knows of the true nature of magic, which he recognises beyond it being a concept that shapes and reforms the world, being able to manipulate it for his own benefit and applying science and physics to magic to enhance and change its properties, as well as manipulating the text within magic. As a professor of magic, he has the conceptual fundamental understandings of how the world works, what shapes it and how humanity can use both magic and science to reshape the laws of the world. Despite seeming lower than average academically at first glance, Glenn graduated the very college he teaches at the age 15, whereas most students start their education at 15. Gradutating from the institution would mean he has extraordinary understanding of the concept of magic and the principles of the world. From there, he became an assassin for the imperial army, being a master of martial arts, which gave him the aforementioned title of assassin.
Weaknesses: Glenn is lazy and would prefer to talk his way out of a magical fight, as he believes magic is evil. Is constantly holding back and prefers not to use his true military grade magical abilities unless they are utility or defense based such as Clairvoyance and Forcefield Creation. As a result of this he usually loses one on one battles with those comparable to him. Although, later into the story this is no longer a weakness. "The Fools World" won't work on non magic based spells or abilities. Extinction Ray takes some time to charge up. His bullets won't destroy the soul unless it is shot from close range. It is stated Glenn has bad affinity with elemental magic, and despite his gender (Males having better magic control and females having a larger pool of mana) has poor magic control and a low pool of mana even for a male; even his students have better control and elemental magic than him. Although, it is said what makes him a great and wise magician, espeically for his age, is his skills, intuition and the ability to be quick on his feet
- Stomped all the male students with one magic spell, even when all of them were going all out and he was restraining himself
- "Magic" Punch: Glenn jumps into the air preparing what looks like a punch, but he actually kicks the opponent, which is what makes it magical
- Flip-Over: A basic flip over the shoulder that smashes the enemy into the wall and creates a large dent
- Imperial Combat Style: The Imperial combat style visually seems to be a mixture of various forms of Martial Arts that Glenn can quickly switch between
- Right Hook: A simple right hook dealt with enough power to bloody up those comparable or weaker than him. He has usually knocked out opponents with his simple punches
- Shock Bolt: A basic ability that puts the opponent in a state of paralysis
- Gravity Pin: In order to catch Re=L off guard, Glenn used Gravity Manipulation offensively when it is primarly used for flying. In order to do this, he amplified the gravity of his own body to pin her down
- Mind Control: Has an ability that passively makes the opponent question themselves. Stated he can easily put someone under mind control and read
- Spell Seal: A basic ability he uses to seal some of his opponents basic abilities
- Purify Light: A beam of light that Glenn can use to purify evil
- Pervy Control: An application of mind manipulation that turns the target into a pervert, making them strip down. It is more effective on female characters
- Mind Break: Glenn can break the opponents mind
- Dispel Force: Dispel force is an ability that nullifies holy weapons, magic, spells and even non magical abilities and returns them into a state of nothingness
- Sleep Sound: With this technique, Glenn can put the enemy into a deep sleep and they will only awaken if he wishes them to
- Elemental Creation: Glenn can create monsters from any of the primary elements to hold his opponents. This is done by a wave of his hand
- Invisible Hand: Glenn can create invisible hands to catch his opponents off guards
- Load Experience: Load Experience is an ability that allows the user to tap into the memories of an object, and gain the abilities and skill of the original owner through those memories
- Mind Up: Tri Resist is a spell that amplifies the users resistance to mind based abilities. This was showcased by Rumia in the school festival
- Tri Resist: Tri Resist is an ability that amplifies the users resistance to the three elements of storm, fire and ice.
Military Grade Spells:
Military Grade Abilities are stated to be far more powerful than basic abilities. They are divided into three classifications. C Class, B Class and A Class. Even a C Military spell is more powerful than the strongest of a non military spell. They are stated strong enough to bring cataclysmic destruction and even destroy the earth and further beyond
- Extinction Ray: Glenn's most powerful offensive ability, Extinction Ray returns the target to its original element in the form of an omnidirectorial energy blast. In the case of his opponents, it's stated to be an attack that destroys them beyond physical destruction, and is a supernatural phenomena that represents absolute annihiation, possibly possessing the power to destroy all creation
- Air Slice: A C ranked military ability that creates a storm and forms countless amounts of sharpened air, that implaes the opponent.
- Blaze Burst: Blaze Burst is a powerful fire attack that can burn even other military level fighters to ashes
- Lightning Pierce: Lightning pierce is an advanced version of Shock Bolt. Unlike Shock Bolt, which isn't made for killing, Lighting Pierce is a fatal ability, that can easily kill someone if made contact with. As the name implies, it pierces the opponent and at the same time it "pierces" resistances to electricity manipulation
- Conceptual Weapon Creation: Military mages are capable of creating powerful conceptual weapon. Albert, a fellow military mage that worked with Glenn, demonstrated this by creating a weapon that was the embodiment of a powerful Demon general. The weapon was used to conceptually erase the Demon from existence.
- Gehenna Gate: Gehenna Gate is a dangerous ability that reduces the target into a state of nothingness
- Soul Sacrifice: A forbidden ability used to trap the enemy in a forcefiled, that overtime destroys their soul and transfers their mana to the user
- Assassination of the Fool: Glenn has special bullets that allow him to destroy the soul when shot from close distance
- The Fools World: Glenn's signature thought based ability, The Fools World seals the activiation of magic and spells in whichever space he happens to be occupying. While the ability is a double-edged sword as it seals Glenn's abilities as well, he has shown to use this at the perfect time consistently. It is often used against opponents that do not show a hint of hand-to-hand combat abilities or in desperate situations where he is forced to seal abilities. Unlike Spell Seal, this bypasses resistances to sealing, and cannot be negated by conventional means
Note: No where near completed, and his current statistics are only representitve of him without his higher tier and true magical powers, as he is constantly holding back.