|“||Thank you so much for-to-playing my game!||„|
Mario is the main character and protagonist of the long-running and highly successful Mario series. He was created by Japanese video game designer Shigeru Miyamoto and also serves as the main mascot of Nintendo. Mario made his first appearance as the protagonist of the arcade game Donkey Kong, released in 1981.
Since Super Mario Bros., his trademark abilities have been his jumping and stomping powers, with which he defeats most of his enemies, and his ability to gain powers with a plethora of items, such as the Super Mushroom, Fire Flower, and the Super Star. Games have usually portrayed Mario as a silent character without a distinct personality (Fortune Street is a notable exception).
According to Nintendo's philosophy, this allows Mario to fit into many different genres and roles. In most games, he is the hero that goes on an adventure to save Princess Peach from Bowser, but he has been shown doing many other activities besides adventuring, such as racing and sporting with his younger twin brother and others.
Powers and Stats
Tier: High 4-C to 4-A, likely 3-C | 2-B
Name: Mario "Jumpman" Mario
Origin: Donkey Kong (First Appearance), Super Mario Bros (Official debut)
Classification: Star Child, Human Plumber
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Prowess, Enhanced Leap, Enhanced Agility, Enhanced Acrobatics, Skilled Hand-to-Hand Combatant, Hammerspace, Weapon Mastery, Vehicular Mastery, 4th Wall Awareness, Spin Attack, Fire Manipulation, Shares a telepathic bond with Luigi, Portal Creation (Via Magic Window), Occasional Toon Force (Comically swiped Wendy's castle from existence), Power-Ups, Items and Helpers grant: Statistics Amplification, Transformation, Shapeshifting, Size Manipulation (With the Super Mushroom, Mega Mushroom, Mini Mushroom, Big Mushroom, Mini Mega Hammer), Flight (With the Cape Feather, Wing Cap, Red Star, Propeller Mushroom, Tanooki Leaf, Tanooki Suit, Super Acorn, P-Wing, P-Acorn, Boo Mushroom, Bee Mushroom), Fire Manipulation (With the Fire Flower), Invulnerability (With Starman, Metal Cap, Mega Mushroom), Danmaku, Homing Attack (With Blue Spiny Shell), Healing, Time Manipulation (With Battle Cards, Earlier Times, Retry Clock), Explosion Inducement (With Blue Spiny Shell), Statistics Reduction (With Battle Cards, Lightning, the Ice Flower), Shock Wave Generation (With POW Block, Mega Mushroom, Gold Flower), Biological Manipulation, Enhanced Swimming (With Penguin Suit and Frog Suit), Spin Attack (With Blue Shell), Statistics Reduction, Metal Manipulation (With Metal Cap), Invisibility and Intangibility (With the Vanish Cap, Boo Mushroom, Boo Biscuit, Repel Gel, Boo's Sheet), Summoning (Can summon Yoshi with Yoshi Cookies), Can undo the affects of Sealing (With Power Stars), Information Analysis and Extrasensory Perception (With Tippi), Earth Manipulation (With the Rock Mushroom, Lucky Bell), Ice Manipulation (With the Ice Flower, Penguin Suit), Wallcrawling (With Super Bell), Sharp Claws (With Super Bell), Duplication (With Double Cherry, Copy Flower,), Trick Boomerang (With Boomerang Flower), Cloud Generation (With Cloud Flower), Transmutation (With Gold Flower, Sheep Attack, Battle Cards), Attack Reflection (With Cape Feather), Hammer Generation (With Hammer Suit), Light Manipulation (With Light Box), Poison Manipulation (With Bad Mushroom), Status Effect Inducement (With Shock Bomb, Sleepy Bomb,), Resistance to Magical Attacks, Status Effect Inducement, Elemental Manipulation, Fear Manipulation, Sleep Manipulation, Poison Manipulation, Power Nullification, Transmutation, and One Hit Kill (With the Safety Ring or Super Suit)
Attack Potency: Large Star level to Multi-Solar System level, likely Galaxy level (Comparable to Luigi and Yoshi, Has fought and defeated numerous beings empowered by Power Stars, Has gone toe-to-toe with Bowser on various occasions, Can hold his own against the likes of King Boo and Antasma) | Multiverse level
Speed: Massively Hypersoonic+ (Can outpace lightning, Ran across the Earth's circumference in moments), with Massively FTL+ reactions and combat speed (Evaded Bowser‘s meteor attacks, which tagged Starship Mario, which is fast enough to cross multitudinous galaxies in a short time. Capable of reacting to Bowser and Bowser Jr riding the Koopa Clown Car, which is swift enough to fly to the sun and a nearby galaxy in a short period of time. Consistenly reacted and maneuvered while being launched intergalactic distances by Launch Stars. Can keep pace with the likes of Antasma, Dreamy Luigi, Yoshi, Bowser, Bowser Junior, and Rosalina) | Infinite
Lifting Strength: At least Class G, higher with Power-Ups
Striking Strength: Large Star Class to Multi-Solar System Class, likely Galaxy Class (Can harm Bowser with his strikes, who tank supernovas and the collapse of black holes unscathed) | Multiversal
Durability: Large Star level to Multi-Solar System level, likely Galaxy level | Multiverse level
Stamina: Very High (Can go on lengthy journeys venturing across various different environments
while showing little to no signs of fatigue), Limitless with Purity Heart
Range: Standard melee range. Tens of meters with Power-Ups.
Standard Equipment: Various Power-Ups, Cappy, F.L.U.D.D., Power Stars, Grand Star, Crystal Stars, Star Rod, Pure Hearts, Coins,
Intelligence: Gifted academically. Mario is known to be proficient in a number of occupations, the most notable of which includes possessing a doctorate and having knowledge as a physicist. He is also very skilled in a wide variety of sports, such as golf, tennis, and kart racing.
Weaknesses: Most of his Power-ups will wear off if he's hit with a sufficiently strong attack, and certain Power-ups have time limits. Will take additional damage from attacks should his Cap be removed. | Needs the other Heroes of Light to obtain this power.
- Jump: Mario leaps onto the foe's head, dealing damage.
- Spin Jump:
- Long Jump:
- Triple Jump:
- Wall Kick:
- Slide Kick:
- Ground Pound:
- Super Jump: Mario will jump multiple times on a single enemy at a quick rate. He can do this up to 100 times in a row.
- Ultra Jump: A stronger variant of the Super Jump that can attack multiple enemies at once.
- Fire Orb: Mario fires an assault of small fireballs at his target.
- Super Flame: Mario unleashes a barrage of large and powerful fireballs from his fist.
- Ultra Flame: Mario launches enormous fireballs that attack all foes in the vicinity. The entire surrounding area glows red during this attack.
- Zee Egg:
- Fan Card:
- Lemon Card:
- Iron ball Hammer DX:
- Soft Hammer DX:
- Slap Hammer DX:
- Blunt Hammer DX:
- Flame Hammer DX:
- Spin Hammer:
Power-Ups and Items
- Synopsis: Throughout his adventures Mario has been able to utilize a myriad of different Power-Ups and Items that can be stored in a sort of 'inventory' (which runs on Hammerspace logic). Mario can pull out these items at anytime he wishes and apply their affects, the Power-Ups in particular providing a boost in power and allowing him to undergo a minor transformation. Unfortunately, the affects of many of Mario's Power-ups can be dispelled should the opponent land a sufficiently powerful attack, and some Power-ups even have time limits.
- Fire Flower: Using the Fire Flower Mario can become "Fire Mario", allowing him to throw fireballs that bounce along the ground in a linear direction. Mario can also use the Fire Flower as a long range weapon without undergoing his transformation, allowing him to shoot fireballs at a more rapid rate directly from the Fire Flower. For unexplained reasons, Mario's fireballs are able to sustain form in underwater environments and burn enemies all the same.
- Super Mushroom: Commonly allows Mario to obtain a slight increase in size, enhancing his physical strength, durability, and speed in the process as well as restoring his vitality. In Super Mario 64 DS, this item allowed Mario to grow to gigantic proportions, granting invulnerability and evidently enhanced his physical prowess on a more intense scale, allowing him to deal damage to enemies through mere physical contact.
- Starman: Using the Starman (Also called Super Star) Mario is coated in a vibrant aura, rendering him invulnerable to attacks that would normally injure him. It also enables substantial increases in speed, jumping height, and agility. In addition, he is able to deal damage to enemies through mere physical contact.
- Gold Flower: Allows Mario to become Gold Mario, in which his entire body gains a gold coloring (similar to the Metal Cap). In this state, Mario is able to throw enormous “gold“ fireballs which explode and produce vibrant shockwaves upon contact, instantly turning any objects and enemies into coins.
- Mega Mushroom: Allows Mario to grow to gigantic proportions, rendering him invulnerable and granting a massive increase in strength to the point where he can one shot Bowser. In addition, Mario‘s Ground Pound is now able to generate destructive, omnidirectional shockwaves to destroy anything in his way.
- Mini Mushroom: Greatly reduces Mario’s size, allowing him to acess smaller passages. It also enables greater jumps and the ability to run on water. Unfortunately, this also causes a great reduction in physical prowess, as now common Goombas can defeat Mario with one hit.
- Boo Mushroom: Turns Mario into a Boo, allowing flight and intangibility.
- Bee Mushroom: Turns Mario into Bee Mario, enabling him to fly, and stand on flowers and clouds.
- Rock Mushroom: Turns Mario into Rock Mario, granting him the ability to encase himself in a boulder and roll around at high speeds, mowing down enemies in his path.
- Spring Mushroom: Turns Mario into Spring Mario to enhance his jumping height.
- Ice Flower: Turns Mario to Ice Mario, allowing him to hurl Ice Balls to freeze enemies solid and lower their attack power, speed and durability. In additio, Ice Mario is capable of crossing water and lava by creating hexagonal platforms of ice wherever he steps on either surface. Additionally, instead of running, Ice Mario can skate about, increasing his speed.
- Blue Spiny Shell:
- Double Cherry:
- Penguin Suit:
- Boomerang Flower:
- Cloud Flower:
- Tanooki Leaf
- Tanooki Suit
- Metal Cap:
- Vanish Cap:
- Wing Cap:
- Red Star:
- Frog Suit:
- Propeller Mushroom:
- Blue Shell:
- Super Acorn:
- Statue Leaf:
- Rainbow Star:
- Cape Feather:
- Carrot: Transforms Mario into Bunny Mario.
- Boomerang Flower:
- Super Bell:
- Lucky Bell:
- Boo Mushroom:
- Hammer Suit:
- Double Cherry:
- Copy Flower:
- Rock Mushroom:
- Spin Drill:
- Hammer Suit:
- Invincibility Leaf:
- Superball Flower:
- Battle Cards: A dual deck Mario obtains during his trip to ancient Egypt. By placing these cards on his dual disc they can perform a variety of effects, such as healing any damage Mario may have received, augmenting his attack power/durability/speed (and lowering such statistics for opponents), transmuting enemies into Goombas or Mushrooms, greatly reducing or nullifying damage when using Emergency Block
- Earlier Times:
- Retry Clock:
- Stop Watch: Clock-like item that allows Mario to slow down or stop time to immobilize enemies.
- Sheep Attack:
- Shock Bomb:
- Sleepy Bomb:
- Koopa Shells:
- POW Block:
- Jump Shoes:
- Yoshi Cookies:
- Safety Ring
- Super Suit
- Quartz Charm:
- Gumption Socks:
- Bye Bye Gloves:
- No Touch Socks:
- Dizzy Boots:
- Shroob Boots:
- Guard Shell:
- 1-Up Gloves:
- King Wear:
- Cannon Box:
- Mushroom Block:
- Banana Peel:
- Lightning: Shrinks the target, reducing their speed and durability.
- Royal Magic Wands: Used in Super Mario Bros. 3.
- Random biplane: Near the end of Super Mario Land, Mario used a weaponized biplane that could shoot cannonballs. He uses this to destroy Tatanga's warship.
- Power Balloon:
- Boo: Used in Mario Kart series.
- Golden Mushroom:
- Buzzy Beetle Shell:
- Spiny Shell Helmet:
- Goomba Shoes:
- Light Box:
- Mini Mega Hammer:
- Cashzap Candy:
- Bloway Candy:
- Bowlo Candy:
- Elixirs, Mushrooms, Nuts, Candies, Kerokero Cola, Froggie Drink: Items that restore Mario's vitality.
- Muku Cookie:
- Able Juice/Refreshing Herbs: Cures any Status Effects.
- Bad Mushroom:
- Boo Biscuit:
- Rock Candy:
- Fire Bomb:
- Ice Bomb:
- Pure Water:
- Peppers: Multicolored spicy peppers capable of boosting defense (green), offense, (red), or speed (blue) when consumed.
Key: Base | With Purity Heart