|This page was based on a page from the VS Battles Wiki or they made the original page. All credit goes to them.|
Power to manipulate sand. Variation of Earth Manipulation.
User can create, shape and manipulate sand, a naturally occurring loose, fragmented/granular sedimentary material composed of finely divided rock and mineral particles ranging in diameter from 0.0625 mm (or 1⁄16 mm) to 2 mm.
The most common sand is composed of particles of quartz (colorless/slightly pink) and feldspar (pink/amber). Black sands, such as those found in Hawaii, are composed of particles of obsidian formed by volcanic activity. Other black sands include materials such as magnetite and homblende. Coral sands are white or gray, and sands composed of broken shell fragments are usually light brown.
- Create/generate/increase sand of any grain-side or shape (rough/smooth, dust-like/coarse).
- Shape, compress, and/or otherwise manipulate sand.
- Efficacy Manipulation including speed, density, hardness and/or sharpness.
- Generate pits of quicksand.
- Burrowing with choice between simply gliding through sand or leaving tunnel.
- Earth Attacks using sand.
- Ground Liquification only sand.
- Move/lift sand at nearly any speed whether in/on surface, air or water.
- Geokinetic Flight using sand.
- Matter Surfing by riding a mass/wave of sand.
- Psammokinetic Constructs, including weapons, walls, armor or allies/servants.
- May be unable to create sand, being limited to manipulating only from already existing sources.
- Distance, mass, precision, etc. depend upon of the knowledge, skill, and strength of the user.
- Water and Blood Manipulation can make sand heavier and harder to manipulate.
- Fire Manipulation can melt sand into glass.
- Ice Manipulation/Freezing can turn sand solid.
- Sand can be weighed down when mixed with a powder of higher density, such as iron or gold dust, thus reducing manipulation.
- Gaara (Naruto)
- Sandman (Marvel Comics)
- Crocodile (One Piece)
- Sandbenders (Avatar The Last Airbender)