Son Goku, born by his Saiyan name Kakarot, is the main protagonist of the anime series Dragon Ball. Along with Vegeta, he is one of the last pure-blooded Saiyans.
Goku was originally sent via capsule to Earth to enslave and conquer the planet. But when he arrived, he sustained a fatal head injury. The people of Earth took Goku and nursed him back to health. As a result of the ,.injury, Goku forgot all about his original mission and his past. And due to their kindness, grew up on Earth as its guardian.
Goku's character is based off the monkey king Sun Wukong.
Powers and Stats
Tier: 9-A, higher as an Oozaru | High 8-C, 8-B as an Oozaru | 8-B | 5-B | 5-A | Low 4-C | 4-B, higher as a Super Saiyan | 4-B | Low 2-C | 2-C | 2-C, 2-B with transformations | 2-B, higher with transformations | 2-B, higher with transformations | 2-B, higher with transformations | 2-B | 2-B, higher with transformations
Name: Son Goku
Origin: Dragon Ball
Age: 50's in Super
Classification: Saiyan-god, Time Patroller
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Self-Sustenance (Type 1), Master Martial Artist, Pressure Point Strikes, Flight, Ki Manipulation (Can be used defensively and offensively - to strengthen his skin, fire ki blasts capable of homing in on his targets, and form defensive barriers which render Absorption and poison useless), Explosion Manipulation, Extrasensory Perception (Can locate others by sensing their ki), Enhanced Senses (Even without ki training, Goku has exceptional senses that allow him to locate small, distant objects by tracking their smell, see clearly over long distances, and track the movements of others even in pitch black conditions by feeling vibrations in the air), Fourth Wall Breaking (Interrupted and interacted with the narrator), Afterimage Creation, Power Mimicry (Can mimic ki-based techniques simply by witnessing them being performed once), Light Manipulation (Via Solar Flare), Telepathy, Telekinesis, Teleportation, Dimensional Travel, BFR, Sealing, Portal Creation, Sound Manipulation, Reactive Power Level (In addition to his Saiyan Physiology, which allows him to grow stronger upon recovering from the brink of death, when Goku fought Jiren in the Ultra Instinct form, his attacks were getting stronger, faster and sharper as he fought on), Statistics Amplification, Rage Power (Initially overwhelmed both Goku Black and Future Zamasu after being enraged by them), Transformation (Can willingly transform into a Super Saiyan 1 - Blue Kaioken x20, multiplying his speed and strength numerous times over), Energy/Ki Absorption and Regeneration (Mid-Low; in Super Saiyan God and Super Saiyan Blue), Fusionism, Sealing (Via the Mafuba), Summoning (Capable of teleporting Zen'ō to his position, or vice-versa, with a mere press of the Zen'ō Button), Paralysis Inducement, Non-Physical Interaction, Resistance to: Absorption, Paralysis Inducement, Cold Manipulation, Poison Manipulation, Extreme Heat (Fought Broly whilst completely submerged in lava as if was nothing), Cosmic Radiations (Can withstand the upper atmosphere, where radiation levels are extremely high), Extrasensory Perception (His God Ki cannot be sensed by beings lesser than a "God"), Gravity Manipulation (Eventually adapted to certain levels of it through his Gravity Training. Withstood the Pretty Black Hole in his Super Saiyan Blue form), Transmutation (In Dragon Ball, AP overpowers hax so Goku should be resistant to the Candy Beam), Soul Manipulation and Existence Erasure (Survived a Hakai from God of Destruction Sidra just in his base form), Time Stop (Repeatedly resisted Hit's attempts to freeze him in time until Hit powered up further, as a Super Saiyan Blue with Kaioken x10 and should retain this resistance in his other forms), and Empathic Manipulation (Unaffected by Ribrianne's Light of Love). In Ultra Instinct, Goku gains the following: Indomitable Will, Will Empowerment, Heat Generation, Instinctive Reaction, Danmaku, and Power Nullification (Nullified a ki blast fired by Jiren)
Attack Potency: Small Building level (Was able to crush a large rock with his bear hands), higher as an Oozaru (Was easily destroying Pilaf's castle) | Large Building level+ (Able to beat General Blue around, when the latter managed to survive the high-speed crashing of his plane into a mountain. His Kamehameha blasted a hole into an underwater rock formation), City Block level as an Oozaru (Its strength boost should warrant this tier) | City Block level (Defeated Mercenary Tao, who one-shot General Blue by fracturing his skull using his tongue, with ease. He later becomes even more powerful, fighting the likes of Tien Shinhan in the 22nd Tenkaichi Budokai) | Planet level (Fought and killed King Piccolo, who is superior to Master Roshi, who previously destroyed the moon in his MAX Power state and was confirmed to actually be capable of doing so. Piccolo was also able to greatly damage Shenron, who restored the moon. Then, during the 23rd Tenkaichi Budokai, he defeated Piccolo Junior, who is significantly superior to his father, with his own Super Kamehameha also being directly stated to be capable of destroying the moon) | Large Planet level (Comparable to Piccolo who did this. Overpowered Vegeta who can destroy the planet with his Galick Gun) | Small Star level (Far stronger than Recoome, Burter and Jeice and far superior to Captain Ginyu with the Kaioken which multiplies his power and should warrant this tier.), | Solar System level (Fought 50% Frieza who is over 200x more powerful than his base where he did this), higher as a Super Saiyan (Is 50x stronger than base) | Solar System level (Could give a decent fight to Perfect Cell who is far stronger than Frieza), likely High Universe level (In his perfect form, Cell was stated to have infinite power which coincides with Toriyama stating you can't measure power levels from a certain point. Elder Moori stated Cell would destroy the universe and Cell stated he would bring the end of everything, turning it into a darkness of space with nothing remaining. Cell is also equal to suppressed Dabura, who is physically stronger than Babadi who almost destroyed the universe. The Universe is stated to be infinite in size with there being an infinite number of galaxies.) | Universe level+ (As a SSJ3, Goku could fight against Fat Buu who can destroy the universe. The fight against Buu had the fate of the entire universe on the line. Stated at full power he could possibly defeat Kid Buu who he stated could destroy the universe. The title of the episode is "A match with the whole universe at stake.") | Low Multiverse level (Super Saiyan God Goku vs Beerus was going to turn the Universe into an empty void. It was also going to destroy the worlds beyond such as the Kaioshin realm which are seperated by space-time. Universe 7 houses multiple universal sized realms. Goku absorbed the Super Saiyan God power into his regualr Super Saiyan form and destroyed Beerus' energy ball in base form which his Super Saiyan form could not) | Low Multiverse level (Gokus base is far stronger than before.), Multiverse level with transformations (Even with Super Saiyan 3 he'd be 400 times stronger than before. Even if Super Saiyan Blue was a 10 times increase like the Kaioken he'd easily into this tier) | Multiverse level (During the Universe 6 vs Universe 7 tournament, he could fight Hit in his base form who completely overpowered Super Saiyan Blue Vegeta with very casual strikes and overpowered his time skip), higher with transformations (Goku stacked Kaiokenx10 on top of Super Saiyan Blue, making him at least thousands of times stronger than before) | Multiverse level (During the Goku Black arc, Goku got numerous zenkais after losing to Goku Black many times, far surpassing his previous base form), higher with transformations (Near the end of the arc, his Super Saiyan Blue form could kick down Merged Zamasu who wanted to kill him. Later, implied if he was healed up, he could have at least done something to Infinite Zamasu, even after learning he merged with the timeline. It should be noted Goku is knowledgable of Universe 7's size as shown in the Kid Buu arc. Pre Tournament of Power he could destroy Hit's parallel world) | Multiverse level (As the tournament of power progressed, Goku surpassed and broke his limits numerous amounts of time. His base form fought Jiren near the end of the Tournament of Power who powered up and should be above his casual self, where he was stated to be the strongest opponent Goku and co ever fought, putting him above Infinite and Merged Zamasu. Hurt Jiren alongside Frieza), higher with transformations (At the end of the tournament, he defeated Jiren as a Super Saiyan alongside Final Form Frieza. Throughout the earlier stages of the tournament, his Super Saiyan God form fought Dyspo who proved difficult to Golden Frieza, who pre tournament was equal to Super Saiyan Blue Goku. This shows that Goku's base power increased so much and as a result his power would be significantly higher in transformations) | Multiverse level (In Ultra Instinct, he overpowered Jiren greatly [It should be noted if you use video games, Ultra Instinct is superior to Potara Fusion]. His Ultra Instinct form gets stronger the longer he fights) | Multiverse level, higher with transformations (Could keep up with Regular Broly and enraged Broly. Somewhat fought Super Saiyan Broly but was overwhelmed)
Speed: Superhuman (Tagged a Pterodactyl, which can reach speeds of up to 67 mph) | Subsonic (Can move much faster than what Tenkaichi Budokai competitors can keep up with, appearing as nothing more than a blur to them) with Supersonic+ combat speed (Capable of dodging bullets. Moved at such speeds while fighting Nam) | Hypersonic+ (Blitzed Mercenary Tao following his training on Korin's tower) | Relatvistic (His kamehameha should be relative to Roshi's Kamehameha which reached the moon this fast) | Relativistic (Superior to Piccolo who did this.). FTL in Kaioken (Can multiply his stats by 4x, which should place him at the FTL range) | At least FTL (Far faster than before, and blitzed Recoome, who gave Vegeta immense trouble) | At least FTL+ in base (Travelled across Namek this fast). Massively FTL in Kaioken and Super Saiyan (20x faster in Kaiokenx20 and 50x in Super Saiyan) | Massively FTL+ (Fought against Perfect Cell, who is stronger and faster than Vegeta who could have his ki blasts reah outer space in seconds. Dodged a kamehameha from Cell at point blank range as well as getting much faster than before because of his training in the RoSaT) | Massively FTL+ (Fought against Kid Buu and at full power would be stronger and faster than him, kid Buu himself being capable off destroying galaxies over a short amount of time) | Massively FTL+ (Fought against a suppressed Beerus. The shockwaves from their fight was felt throughout the universe in a very short time span.) | Massively FTL+ (Got far faster than before and able to keep up with Golden Frieza) | Massively FTL+ (Goku was so fast in Super Saiyan Blue KKx10 that he moved in Hit's time stop.) | Massively FTL+ (Goku could keep up with Infinite Zamasu even in base, and could do even better in his transformations) | At least Massively FTL+, possibly Infinite (Should be comparable to Beerus, who can somewhat keep up with Whis who crossed from Universe 7 to 10, and back, which is infinite distance. It was clearly stated this was not a result of teleportation by Goku.)
Lifting Strength: Mostly Unknown
Striking Strength: Small Building Class, higher as an Oozaru | Large Building Class+, City Block Class as an Oozaru | City Block Class | Planet Class | Large Planet Class (Can harm Vegeta) | Small Star Class | Solar System Class (Comparable to Final Form Frieza), higher as a Super Saiyan (Can severly harm Full power Frieza who survived the planet exploding on him) | Solar System, likely High Universal Class | Universal+ Class (Can harm Kid Buu and Fat Buu) | Low Multiversal Class (Can harm Beerus.) | Low Multiversal Class, Multiversal Class with transformations | Multiversal Class, higher with transformations | Multiversal Class, higher with transformations | Multiversal Class, higher with transformations | Multiversal Class | Multiversal Class, higher with transformations
Durability: Small Building level, higher as an Oozaru | Large Building level+, City Block level as an Oozaru | City Block level | Planet level | Large Planet level (Can tank attacks from Raditz and Vegeta) | Small Star level | Solar System level (Comparable to Final Form Frieza), higher as a Super Saiyan (Fought against and defeated a full powered Frieza) | Solar System level | Universe level+ (Could survive multiple attacks from Kid Buu) | Low Multiverse level (Tanked attacks from Beerus who has repeatadly been stated powerful enough to destroy the Universe.) | Low Multiverse level, Multiverse level with transformations | Multiverse level, higher with transformations | Multiverse level, higher with transformations | Multiverse level, higher with transformations | Multiverse level | Multiverse level, higher with transformations (Tanked attacks from Broly who would go onto fight Gogeta.)
Stamina: Extremely high
Range: Standard melee range, extended melee range with Power Pole. Planetary - Multiversal with ki blasts and abilities
Standard Equipment: The Power Pole in OG Dragon Ball Keys, Senzu Beans
Intelligence: Genius in combat; has years of experience in martial arts and has been taught by the universes greatest fighters and even cosmic characters such as Whis. Xeno Goku should be well above average considering his knowledge of timelines and how time functions.
Weaknesses: Goku cannot breathe in space. Tends to hold back to gauge his opponents power.
- Martial Arts: Goku is a master martial artist who has learned from many of his universe's greatest teachers, from his adoptive grandfather, Grandpa Gohan, Master Roshi, Korin, Kami, King Kai, and even Whis.
- Crazy Fist: A technique meant to distract and confuse an opponent, in which Goku acts like a wild, frenzied dog or monkey before striking his opponent while they're caught off guard.
- Dragonthrow: Goku's signature grapple, in which he grabs his opponent by the arm, tail, or antenna, and then spins them around before throwing them away.
- Eight-Arm Fist: A technique used to counter Tien Shinhan's Four Witches Technique and copied from King Chappa, in which Goku moves his arms so fast that he appears to have eight of them.
- Rock, Scissors, 'N' Paper: Goku's initial signature technique, taught to him by his grandfather. After yelling "Jan Ken", Goku then follows up with either a strong punch (rock), a poke to the eyes (scissors), or an open palm strike (paper).
- Ki: The fighting power and life force of a martial artist, a tangible energy derived from the user's vigor, courage, and mind. It can be used in a number of ways, such as to surpass the limits of one's body to greatly increase in strength, and it can be fired as blasts of energy or used to create defensive barriers. Along with his Saiyan blood, Ki acts as the source of Goku's incredible power and abilities. Goku's prodigal skill in combat and the use of ki allows him to replicate the ki techniques of others after seeing them only once. After becoming a Super Saiyan God, Goku gained divine ki, which can only be sensed by other gods.
- Kamehameha: Goku's famous signature technique, which he learned after witnessing Master Roshi use it to extinguish the flames on Fire Mountain, successfully replicating it not long later on his first try. As his signature technique, it is something that Goku has used on many occasions, and he has created a number of variations over the course of his fighting experience, such as firing it from his feet, using it to propel himself into the air, and bending it mid-flight to catch opponents by surprise. Perhaps the most useful variation is the Instant Kamehameha, in which Goku uses Instant Transmission to teleport just before firing the attack, appearing right in front of his opponents and giving them no time to dodge. As of the Tournament of Power, Goku has once again used this technique in a new way, as a barrier against other attacks.
- Instant Transmission: A teleportation technique that Goku learned between the Frieza and Cell Sagas on the planet Yardrat, which allows him to lock onto the ki signatures of others and teleport to their locations. Its use takes some concentration, which is aided by Goku putting his index and middle fingers to his forehead (He has also shown to teleport without placing his fingers), and he needs a ki signature to teleport to, otherwise he cannot perform the technique. It can be used to teleport others as well, as long as they are in physical contact with Goku.
- Kaioken: A technique developed by King Kai and taught to Goku during his time training on his planet. It greatly increases Goku's ki for just a moment, boosting his strength and speed significantly for that time. However, this heavily strains his body, and if he overuses it, it will leave him in intense pain all over his body, leaving him incapable of moving without causing himself further pain. Initially, the strongest Kaio-ken Goku can utilise is x4, but by the time of the Frieza Saga, he has mastered its use, allowing him to push it to his maximum of x20. After mastering Super Saiyan Blue, which required perfect ki control and a calm mind, Goku became capable of using Kaio-ken alongside this transformation, first pushing it to x10, and then x20.
- Genki Dama (Spirit Bomb): Goku's ultimate attack, taught to him by King Kai, performed by gathering a vast amount of energy from all the lifeforms in his surroundings to create a massive, incredibly destructive sphere of ki. To use it, one must have a pure heart, and so Goku is a perfect user of the technique due to his obliviously innocent nature. While it is incredibly powerful and can prove capable of completely destroying an opponent when used with sufficient power, it takes a very long time to charge and is therefore very difficult to use, though the charge time can be sped up by gathering energy from those who willingly and knowingly provide it.
- Kiai: The ability to project an invisible burst of force with ki, which Goku can perform with his hands and even with a glare.
- Kienzan (Destructo Disk): Krillin's signature technique, which Goku presumably copied from him. Raising his hand above his head, Goku creates a razor-sharp disc of ki with incredible cutting power, and then throws it at his opponent. During the Tournament of Power, Goku utilises a variation on the technique, the Kienzan Hexa Blade, a Kienzan that splits into five different blades, each under Goku's control and attacking his opponent from different angles.
- Solar Flare: One of Tien Shinhan's signature techniques, which Goku copied from him during their match in the World Tournament. Bringing his hands up to his face, Goku can create a bright flash of light that can blind opponents.
- Telepathy: Goku has the ability to telepathically communicate with others, presumably learned from King Kai during his time in the afterlife, and during the Frieza Saga, he shows the ability to read Krillin's mind by putting his hand to his forehead.
- Mafuba: Also known as the Evil Containment Wave, the Mafuba is a mystic sealing technique designed to seal evil away by sucking them into a special container with a "demon seal" ofuda on it. Goku learned this technique from Roshi, and attempted to use it to seal Future Zamasu, but used the wrong tag, allowing him to break free.
- Saiyan Physiology: The physiology of a Saiyan, an aggressive warrior race of conquerors. Saiyans have the natural ability to control ki and to fly, likely the origin of Goku's own incredible skill when it comes to the usage and control of ki. In addition, while his lifespan is comparable to that of a human, Goku will remain at his peak strength for much longer. One of the most powerful abilities of a Saiyan is their ability to grow stronger and stronger through combat, allowing Goku to constantly push his own limits during a fight and rise to higher and higher peaks in power. This ability grants a substantial boost in power when Goku is badly injured, allowing him to reach a whole new level of power once he recovers.
- Super Saiyan: The famous, legendary transformation of a Saiyan that allows them to greatly surpass their limits and reach the fabled state that is Super Saiyan. Goku was the first Super Saiyan to appear in Dragon Ball, achieving the state after Frieza survived his most powerful attack, killed his best friend, Krillin, and was about to kill him and his son. These transformations can be reached through extensive training, but are more often unlocked in moments of intense emotional turmoil and need, and due to the natural aggressiveness of Saiyans, they cause the user to become more aggressive and malicious, though Goku has managed to make these things effectively a non-issue through training. While immensely powerful, Super Saiyan transformations drain a lot of energy, and the first was very inefficient before Goku mastered the state and became a "Full Power Super Saiyan", allowing him to maintain the form effectively indefinitely without issue. While the original Super Saiyan state is eclipsed in power by Super Saiyan 2 and Super Saiyan 3, the higher forms become increasingly inefficient.
- Super Saiyan God: A divine transformation that far surpasses the regular numbered Super Saiyan transformations, achieved through a ritual involving six righteous Saiyans, or through rigorous divine training. Goku reached this form with the help of his family and friends so that he could oppose the God of Destruction Beerus and stop him from destroying Earth. In this form, Goku gains divine ki and cannot be sensed by mortals, as well as the ability to absorb and nullify energy and ki-based techniques. After achieving this form, Goku can transform into it whenever he wishes and retains some of the divine power even in his base state.
- Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan: A form reached through the combination of Super Saiyan God and Super Saiyan, greatly surpassing the power of a Super Saiyan God. Unlike other Super Saiyan transformations, this transformation requires a perfectly calm mind and flawless ki control, allowing it to be used alongside Kaio-ken for various transformations.
- Ultra Instinct -Sign-: Also known as the Mastery of Self-Movement, Ultra Instinct -Sign- is a rare and fabled technique that Goku initially learned of from Whis, revolving around subconsciously avoiding attacks and disregarding his normal capacity to react. This allows him to effectively multitask, thinking up strategies while his body fights for him, fully maximising his offensive and defensive capabilities, and as he doesn't need to think to fight, it also makes illusory techniques useless. Much faster opponents would still be able to bypass these defences. Goku reaches this state in his Ultra Instinct -Sign- transformation, achieved after he was pushed to his absolute limits. He hasn't mastered the state, however, and cannot enter it willingly - instead, it activates when Goku is pushed to his limits. It is also harder for him to use this version of Ultra Instinct offensively, as he still has to think about the best method of attack, instead of simply intuiting it. This transformation is only temporary, and it has a great strain on Goku's body.
- Ultra Instinct: The problems exemplified with Ultra Instinct -Sign-, mainly that of not being able to fully utilise attack and defence, were a key factor in preventing Goku from fighting on an equal playing field with Jiren. However, by giving into pure impulse and the heat which previously was his limit, Goku was able to fully break through his limits and reach past the state of the gods, something that not even Beerus has been able to do. In so doing, Goku reached the true Ultra Instinct form, with his hair and eyebrows matching his intense silver stare, and a great stream of white-purple energy erupting from his body. In this form, where he has mastered both instinctual attack and defence, he was easily able to blitz and injure Jiren, as well as nullify a full-powered strike meant to incapacitate him.
Key: Pilaf Saga | Post-Master Roshi Training | Commander Red Saga - 22nd Tenkaichi Budokai | King Piccolo Saga - 23rd Tenkaichi Budokai | Saiyan Saga | Namek Saga | Frieza Saga | Android/Cell Saga | Majin Buu Saga | Battle of Gods | Ressurection of Frieza | Universe 6 vs Universe 7 | Goku Black Arc | Tournament of Power | Ultra Instinct (Tournament of Power) | Dragon Ball Super: Broly