Summary of the verse
Power of this verse
The primary selling point of the games being the incredible speed of the playable characters, the series has no shortage of showings exhibiting movement at extreme velocities. The various characters and technologies have displayed velocities close to that or far exceeding the speed of light, such as in instances of evading and outpacing laser beams (or beams of light), outrunning the pull of black holes, performing interplanetary, interstellar travel, and even intergalactic travel. Beyond that, you have godlike entities such as Alf Layla wa-Layla, Time Eater and Solaris, whose speed can exceed linear time.
- Sonic evades the laser beams from the Hotaru (69% of the Speed light - Relativistic+)
- Sonic outpaces the Beam Rocket’s lasers (60.6% of the Speed of light - Relativistic+)
- Sonic outpaces the Eggrobo’s laser (60.65% of the Speed of light - Relativistic+)
- E-102 Gamma evades lasers (5.232c - FTL)
- Knuckles reacts to a laser beam (27% of the Speed of light - Relativistic)
- Sonic outruns the Nega-Wisp Armor‘s Cyan Laser attack (2.8c - FTL)
- Metal Sonic performs interplanetary travel (2.8c - FTL)
Note: Contrary to popular belief, Sonic’s speed being stated to be ”supersonic” does not imply his top speed is Mach 1 (1,235 km/h; 1,125 ft/s; 767 mph). The term “Supersonic” would denote a speed exceeding Mach 1 to an unspecified extent, meaning Sonic being stated to be able to move at supersonic speeds cannot be used to indicate the speed of sound is his upper limit.
Supporters and Opponents of the Series