|“||We were raised together, we played together, we fought together. Do you remember none of that? [...] So you take the world I love as recompense for your imagined slights. No, the Earth is under my protection, Loki.||„|
|“||Loki's Scepter must be here. Strucker couldn't mount this defense without it. At long last.||„|
|“||You know I’m 1,500 years old. I’ve killed twice as many enemies as that. And every one of them would have rather killed me than not succeeded. I’m only alive because fate wants me alive. Thanos is just the latest of a long line of bastards, and he’ll be the latest to feel my vengeance. Fate wills it so.||„|
Thor Odinson is the Asgardian God of Thunder and Lightning. He is the former King of Asgard, first son of Odin and a founding member of the Avengers. When his arrogant and irresponsible behaviour reignited a conflict between Asgard and Jotunheim, Thor was denied the right to be King, stripped of all his powers and banished to Earth by his father. While in exile, Thor learned humility and helped to save Jane Foster and his new friends from The Destroyer sent by Loki. In the process, he redeemed himself in the eyes of his father and was granted access to his powers once more, allowing him to stop the automaton once and for all. After being welcomed back to Asgard as a hero, Thor visited Earth to retrieve Loki, who began his attempt to take over the world. He joined the Avengers and fought alongside them against the Chitauri invasion. Following their victory, he returned to Asgard, only to later confront Malekith and the Dark Elves in order to prevent them from returning the universe to darkness. Thor returned to Earth to retrieve the Chitauri Scepter and later deal with the threat of Ultron. He learned of the Infinity Stones and Ragnarok, and sought to locate the former and stop the latter, which resulted in his brief imprisonment by Surtur in Muspelheim. However, shortly after Odin's death, he encountered Hela, who destroyed Mjølnir and caused him and Loki to be trapped on Sakaar. Ultimately, with help from Valkyrie and Hulk, he escaped Sakaar and returned to Asgard. He had to allow Ragnarok to happen in order to stop Hela and her assault by allowing Loki to revive Surtur, resulting in the destruction of his homeland, as well as the death of Hela and Surtur. Afterwards, he became the King of Asgard. However, Thanos' invasion and the subsequent demise of half of all life in the universe caused him to fall into depression, resorting to a life of drinking and playing video games. Five years later, he joined the Avengers on their time heist to collect the Infinity Stones from the past and later fought alongside them against an alternate version of Thanos and his forces, with Tony Stark sacrificing himself to save the universe. After attending Tony's funeral, Thor proclaimed Valkyrie to succeed him as the new King of the Asgardians, while he joined the Guardians of the Galaxy in their adventures in space to find his true purpose.
Powers and Stats
Tier: 9-A | 5-C | 5-C, far higher with Stormbreaker | 5-C, higher with Stormbreaker and Mjølnir | At least 5-C, far higher with Stormbreaker
Name: Thor Odinson
Origin: Marvel Cinematic Universe
Age: 1 500 years old
Classification: Asgardian, God of Thunder, King of Asgard (formerly), founding member of the Avengers
Powers and Abilities:
Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Self-Sustenance (Type 1), Longevity, Enhanced Senses, Weather Manipulation (Lightning Manipulation, Air Manipulation), Earth Manipulation, Energy Projection, limited Sound Manipulation, Regeneration (Mid-Low), Master Combatant, Weapon Mastery, Master Acrobat, limited Telekinesis (for Mjølnir), Summoning, Flight (via Mjølnir). Resistance to Extreme Heat, Cold, Radiation, Diseases and Transmutation, Extreme Pain Tolerance
Attack Potency: Small Building level+ (Singlehandedly defeated a squad of S.H.I.E.L.D. agents. Hawkeye considered him a good match and was impressed seeing him) | Moon level (Destroyed Sokovia and arrested its momentum using Iron Man's heat seal, which would cause global extinction upon impact. Temporarily destroyed the Reality Stone. Casually destroyed a large portion of Jotunheim's landscape 100 times the size of the Grand Canyon and shook the entire planet. Damaged the rainbow bridge with one strike, which can channel the energy of the Bifrost that would destroy Jotunheim overtime, shaking it and the Observatory like an earthquake. Easily created powerful thunderstorms. Can kill Leviathans, which no-sold Iron Man's 200 petawatt lasers and he would lose power before penetrating its armour. Physically on par with Hulk. Fought against Reality Stone-amped Malekith. Equal to Party Thor) | Moon level (More powerful than before. Should be on par with his Post-Decimation self. Held his own against Hela and damaged her with his most powerful lightning blast. Easily destroyed the rainbow bridge with one attack. Knocked back Thanos. Was overpowering Hulk before fully awakening his powers), far higher with Stormbreaker (Wields the most powerful weapon in the history of Asgard. Overpowered a beam from all six Infinity Stones and nearly killed Thanos. Effortlessly decapitated Thanos) | Moon level (Physically challenged Thanos. Effortlessly created and moved a storm), higher with Stormbreaker and Mjølnir (Knocked out Mark 85 Iron Man. Capable of killing Thanos by using Stormbreaker) | At least Moon level (Much more powerful than before), far higher with Stormbreaker
Speed: Peak Human | Subsonic movement speed (Should be comparable to Captain America. Ran towards Malekith while inside his Aether storm. Can jump great distances). Relativistic+ combat and reaction speed (Was the only Avenger moving in Quicksilver's perception and reacted to him. Kept up with Hela. Reacted to and blocked beams from The Destroyer, which are compared to lasers in context of speed). Massively Hypersonic+ attack speed with lightning. At least Massively Hypersonic+ flight and throwing speed with Mjølnir | Subsonic movement speed (Jumped from the Royal Palace of Valaskjalf to the rainbow bridge). Relativistic+ combat and reaction speed (Kept up with Hela and reacted to her Necroswords. Comparable to Thanos). Massively Hypersonic+ attack speed with lightning. At least Massively Hypersonic+ flight and throwing speed with Stormbreaker (At least as fast as Mjølnir). Massively FTL+ travel speed via Bifrost (Can travel intergalactic distances in seconds) | Subsonic movement speed. Relativistic+ combat and reaction speed (Slower than before, but still kept up with Thanos and dodged his sword throw). Massively Hypersonic+ attack speed with lightning. At least Massively Hypersonic+ flight and throwing speed with Stormbreaker and Mjølnir (Stormbreaker travelled from Norway to New Avengers Facility in seconds). Massively FTL+ travel speed via Bifrost | Subsonic movement speed. Relativistic+ combat and reaction speed. Massively Hypersonic+ attack speed with lightning. At least Massively Hypersonic+ flight and throwing speed with Stormbreaker and Mjølnir. Massively FTL+ travel speed via Bifrost
Lifting Strength: Peak Human (Effortlessly carried Eric Selvig) | At least Class M (Easily crushed Mark 6 Iron Man's gauntlet while severely weakened by dark energy. Tore out the spine of an Ultron Sentry with one hand, which should be far greater than tearing out a human spine. Easily tore parts off a spaceship), likely higher (Effortlessly broke out of Surtur's chains wrapped around him many times, while a single chain restrained a fire dragon that caused earthquake-like tremors for some time. Stopped a punch from Hulk with one arm. Equal to Party Thor) | Class P (Moved the rings of Nidavellir, which are the size of a small moon. Held open the Iris of the forge. Nearly on par with Hela) | Class P (Should be around as strong as before. Wrestled Thanos and gave him trouble shoving Stormbreaker into his chest, despite having a disadvantage of leverage) | At least Class P (Stronger than before)
Striking Strength: Small Building Class+ | Moon Class (Can harm Hulk. Destroyed Hela's shield with one punch) | Moon Class (Held his own against Hela. Dazed Hulk with one punch even before fully awakening his powers), far higher with Stormbreaker (Can easily badly injure and even kill Thanos) | Moon Class (Nearly comparable to Thanos), higher with Stormbreaker and Mjølnir | At least Moon Class, far higher with Stormbreaker
Durability: Small Building level+ (Survived getting hit by vehicles) | Moon level (Tanked hits from Hulk. Took attacks from Malekith using the Reality Stone. Endured multiple punches from Kurse. Undamaged from getting hit by countless Bifrost shards while travelling at superluminal speeds) | Moon level (More durable than before. Survived the concentrated beam from Nidavellir's reignited neutron star, which Eitri stated to be the full force of a star, for several minutes. Endured Power Stone attacks from Thanos, while severely injured from an off-screen beating by him. Took attacks from Hela and resisted her Necroswords, which sliced through Skurge's Uru armour. Withstood a punch from Eitri, who smashed open the mold of Stormbreaker) | Moon level (Should be around as durable as before. Endured multiple hits from Thanos) | At least Moon level
Stamina: High | Superhuman (Fought against hordes of Frost Giants and Fire Demons for long periods of time without exhaustion) | Superhuman (Remained conscious after torture from Thanos using the Power Stone, while already severely injured. Traded blows with Hela for extended periods of time and got back up after resisting multiple attacks from her) | Superhuman
Range: Standard Melee Range | Standard Melee Range. Extended Melee Range with Mjølnir. Kilometres with Weather and Lightning Manipulation, and Hammer Throwing | Standard Melee Range. Extended Melee Range with Stormbreaker. Kilometres with Weather and Lightning Manipulation, and Axe Throwing. Intergalactic via Bifrost | Standard Melee Range. Extended Melee Range with Stormbreaker and Mjølnir. Kilometres with Weather and Lightning Manipulation, and Axe and Hammer Throwing. Intergalactic via Bifrost
Standard Equipment: None | Mjølnir | Stormbreaker | Stormbreaker and Mjølnir | Stormbreaker
- Stormbreaker: Thor's newly forged maul is able to focus and hone his awakened powers, acting as a conduit. It is created to be the most powerful weapon in Asgard's history. Due to its enchantments and being made out of Uru, the weapon is virtually indestructible. It was able to withstand a beam powered by all six Infinity Stones, overpower it and grievously injure Thanos when Thor threw the axe into him. The only reason it failed to kill Thanos was that Thor intentionally delayed the killing blow, a catastrophic mistake unrelated to the weapon's abilities. Stormbreaker is able to summon the Bifrost, even after the bridge's apparent destruction, as shown when Thor transported himself, Rocket Raccoon and Groot to Wakanda. Like Mjølnir, the weapon will return to Thor's hand when summoned and strikes his opponents with massive force.
- Mjølnir: Thor had been entrusted with the mighty Uru hammer, forged in the heart of a dying star. Mjølnir has a number of elemental based powers. It has been stated by Odin himself that its power has no equal. Combining the normal durability of Uru with various enchantments placed upon it, Mjølnir is virtually indestructible. Thor normally uses the hammer as a physical weapon, and almost nothing can withstand a hammer blow or throw by him, with very few exceptions, such as Captain America's Vibranium Shield. He wielded the hammer for many years, until its destruction at the hand of Hela. During the Avengers' Time Heist, he obtained Mjølnir from an alternate timeline and used in the Battle of Earth alongside Captain America, before allowing Steve to return it to its original timeline.
- Optional Equipment: Mace and shield, swords, Gungnir, Sakaaran laser rifle
Intelligence: Gifted (Highly skilled fighter and marksman, having fought for several centuries against all kinds of enemies. Knowledgeable in various languages in the universe, including Groot's. Good leader and tactician. Discussed with Bruce Banner about singularities and space travel. Can quickly master use of weapons, including Hulk's gladiator hammer and Stormbreaker)
Weaknesses: Normal Human Weaknesses | None Notable | None Notable | Emotional due to believing it was his fault that Thanos won. Unfit and overweight. Mentally unstable. Out of practice. Drunk, though eventually became sober | None Notable
- Easily killed countless Frost Giants
- No-sold blasts from Loki using Gungnir
- Shook a mountain by dropping Mjølnir on it
- Broke out of a container meant to contain Hulk
- Caused a destructive shockwave while weakened by dark energy
- Reacted to and blocked energy blasts from Chitauri
- Easily wrecked a spaceship with his punches
- Wielded Hulk's large hammer with no issue, and harmed him
- Threw a woman up hundreds of meters and carried a car with ease
- Effortlessly threw an alien far away
- Perfectly hit Captain America' shield that it ricochets through Ultron Sentries
- [Awakened] Created a massive storm over Asgard
- [Awakened] Effortlessly destroyed Hela's Berserkers
- [Post-Awakened] Effortlessly destroyed Outrider Dropships
- [Post-Awakened] Effortlessly destroyed Threshers
- Lightning Manipulation: As the God of Thunder and Lightning, Thor can summon lightning from Mjølnir and the sky, powerful enough to kill Leviathans and even shatter the Reality Stone, until it reformed itself. After awakening his true powers, he has all these same abilities, but to an even greater extent. He can summon lightning from himself and using Stormbreaker. These attacks are powerful enough to harm characters as durable as Hela and Thanos.
- Lightning Cloak: After awakening his true powers, Thor can activate a lightning cloak that surrounds his entire body, which attacks enemies all around him. He can use it as a tether to pull and throw his enemies, as well as imbue his attacks with lightning, including any weaponry he uses. It is powerful enough to obliterate Hela's Berserkers, Outrider Dropships and Threshers.
Key: Depowered | Pre-Awakened | Awakened | Post-Decimation | Love and Thunder
- In Avengers: Age of Ultron, Thor sacrificed some of his life force to the Norns before the Battle of Sokovia, meaning that he was weakened at the time.